Monday, November 07, 2005

I bought a car!!!

Yup.. A "Volkswagen Passat". It's been about three weeks now... Seven silly things I did after I bought my car..

  1. Went round and round the parking lot 10 times before having the heart to park.
  2. Purposely missed an exit, drove 10 miles to the next exit and payed a damned toll in between.
  3. Drove through campus playing hindi/tamil music at a volume that almost shattered the windows AND my ear drums, getting dirty looks from all and sundry. (I didn't give a damn though.. )
  4. Drove 5 miles to 'Dunkin donuts' for hot chocolate, three days in one week at 3 am in the morning.
  5. Spent most of last month's pay cheque on gas. (sigh)
  6. Drove to the dining hall, downtown store and church all of which are not more than 500 metres from my dorm.
  7. Took a cloth and wiped the dust off my car.. (This takes the cake for being the most unusual thing I've ever done.. It is so unlike me to do something like that.. hehe)
Pics follow..








Right now, I'm thinking of a name to christen my car with... ;-)

20 comments:

N said...

Car looks awesome!

Sayesha said...

Dude! Fabulous! :D
Post pics of you with the car, man! Otherwise how do we believe you? ;)

GB said...

Heheehe, awesome car!!

Leon said...

[Neon] Thanks.. :-)

[Sayesha] Sheesh.. Now why didn't I think of that.. lol.. One pic of me and car coming up when I get back home.. :D
But what about my anonymity?.. Guys need anonymity too.. :p

[Brownie] Thanks.. :-)

Gayatri said...

hey dude.. sexy car man!

LovingAndLosing said...

Hey. I've got a brilliant name. How about you call it "Passat"? :p I want a VW too. A beetle though! So are you going to name it as a she???

Leon said...

[Confused] Thankoo Thankoo..

[Vidya] Thanks for being such a great help.. :p.. OBVIOUSLY, the car is a SHE.. (And how dare you refer to my car as an 'it'?.. I'm offended.. :D)

So you want a beetle.. hehe.. that's one of the funniest looking cars I've seen.. :p

Sayesha said...

//But what about my anonymity?

Hahahaha! We have seen you yaar! When you posted pics with your sis, remember? :)

Unknown said...

Ur camera is good too...:p

Leon said...

[Sayesha] That was not me.. That was not me.. :p.. I plan to put up a pic with only my hands and the car.. :D.. Maybe Virdi will like my hands too.. lol

[Vibha] haha.. I know I've been boasting a bit about my camera.. Thanks for the dig.. :p

Sayesha said...

Hey, you keep your hands off Virdi okay? Quite literally!
He's all mine, muahaha! :D

Leon said...

My My.. possessive aren't we?.. :D

I'm jealous.. What's Virdi got that I haven't? :p

Camphor said...

Wow, sexy car. Good photographic eye, are you sure you took those pictures??

Leon said...

Thanks.. :-) Of course I took those pictures.. else I would have been in them.. :p

silverine said...

The car looks fabulous. You are gonna put on weight if you keep driving to eateries lol

Leon said...

Thank you!.. Thanks also for your concern.. I promise to be a good boy and maintain my figure.. err.. physique.. err.. whatever.. :p

But honestly, 3-4 kilos in the right places would serve the dual purpose of making me more appealing to the members of the opposite sex.. ;-).. and keep my mom from nagging me about my eating habits.. :D.

Camphor said...

Operative words: "right places" :P

Leon said...

True.. I'll try.. What do I get if I succeed .. a home-cooked dinner? :p

Harish Suryanarayana said...

Awesome NIRMAL yeeeeeeeehaaaaaaaa !!!!!
Way to go dude !

Leon said...

Thanks Harish!